Monday, May 15, 2006

Light on Snow

I hope that everyone had a wonderful, relaxing Mother’s Day.

My gift from my children and my husband was seeing “Mamma Mia” in Las Vegas. Still, I had a nice, leisurely day that felt so wonderful. During Allison’s nap I started reading a book entitled Light on Snow by Anita Shreve. I picked it back up after Allison went to sleep for the night. By the time I went to bed, I had finished the book. I cannot tell you the last time I read a book from start to finish in one day. It was a fabulous book and a good feeling.

Finishing that book got me thinking: it would be nice to have someone to talk to about it. I took that thought further and wished I could join a book club. With two young kids, I don’t know where I would find the time and opportunity to actually go to the club to join in on the conversation. Thankfully, the digital age makes things a little simpler for those of us home bound for one reason or the other. Would any of you be interested in picking a book, reading it by a scheduled time and then posting your thoughts in a blog? One person could be chosen to start first and then we can all add comments, etc… It wouldn’t be the same as sitting in the same room discussing the book face to face, but it will also be a lot harder to get side tracked talking about something else. If you’re up for the challenge, you know where to find me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm in. I would love to read more. It seems like all I have time/motivation is to read my magazines I get each month. How sad! I read Pilot's Wife by Anita Shreve and loved it....about a million years ago!

the quists said...

I was just saying that I am excited to go to the library here because I miss reading and would like to make time for it! I'm in too! :)