Thursday, May 04, 2006

Vegas, Baby!

Sunday I leave for a technical writer’s conference in Las Vegas. I am getting so excited! I am staying at Paris Las Vegas and it looks spectacular. There is a courtyard type area with people dressed up in period Parisian costumes and a reproduction of the Eiffel Tower. I was initially going by myself and figured that I would probably just spend my free time alone. It would still be nice to have a break from routine, but not necessarily a lot of fun. When Jeanne, my friend from work, found out that I was going, she asked to join me. Her beach vacation that she had planned didn’t work out and she had just the right number of vacation days left. I told her that she might get bored because I would be in seminars from 8:30 to 5 and she said, “So what? I’ll be at the pool.” Enough said. Since my hotel room is for two people, it is a relatively inexpensive vacation for her. I think we’re going to have a great time together.

We just booked tickets to see “Mama Mia” – the Abba musical - on Monday night. I think that it is going to be fabulous. Did I say I was so excited??? I’m also planning on going to downtown to Frank Sinatra’s Vegas. My Grandma used to go to the Golden Nugget and bring us back their used decks of cards. I always liked that. I’m definitely going to go there and gamble a little. I know that Grandma will be there in spirit – and you know that I’ll be buying some of those cards, too.

Viva, Las Vegas!

No comments: